Vision loss can have a significant impact on one’s life in Central New York. Common reactions include frustration, anger, resentment, depression and grief.
Adjusting to the loss is an ongoing process. It can affect one’s self image, relationships with family and friends, social and work life and overall independence. CABVI’s social work services in Central New York can help you.
Available services include:
- Individual and group counseling in Central New York
- Family therapy in Central New York
- Benefit counseling as it relates to SSI and SSDI in Central New York
- Community Linkages throughout Central New York
- Referrals to other organizations and programs in Central New York
Other CABVI services for people who are blind & visually impaired:
- How to Access Services?
- Low Vision Care
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
- Orientation & Mobility
- Adjusting to Vision Loss
- Children’s Services
- Pre-School Vision Screenings
- Technology Services
- Products for People Who Are Visually Impaired
- Visual Impairment Aids
- Free Services for People Who Are Blind
- Reading Service for People Who Are Blind
The following are some of the areas we serve in Central New York:
Herkimer, New York